Friday, April 13, 2007

Day 2

Okay - today was great! My alarm went off and I got RIGHT out of bed, despite the fact that I went to bed at midnight and my husband tried to keep me up later than that.

Pretty good. I was going to blog first thing, but I was distracted by an e-mail from a friend. I really appreciate this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/05/AR2007040501976.html

By the way, the reason I'm doing this is because I have a job which is slightly consuming. I manage a small arts-related nonprofit in a state where the economy is truly tanking. I'm feeling a tad bit ineffective at home and at work. There's never enough time for anything... Part of the problem is that I have a sleeping problem. I loooooove to sleep. I excel at sleeping. Sleeping feels great. I have been sleeping until 8:00, 8:30, sometimes even 9:00!

I should be to work by 8:30 or 9:00 am, just to get a jump on things. However, I've been getting there anywhere between 9:30 and 11:00 am. Because I get there a bit late, I stay late. Because I stay late, I get home late. Because I get home late I have an annoyed husband and feel like the world is piling up around me.

Yesterday was different - I got out of bed (well, I almost didn't!) 8 minutes after my alarm went off. I was really close to sleeping in. But, I brought home my piles from my desk at work. I decided that it was a good incentive to go through, because I knew there were things in the pile that couldn't be ignored but I wouldn't have time to do this once I got to work. So, I got up, made some tea, started the computer, posted, and then worked the morning away. Since it's spring break at work (meaning no classes, I still have to work), I could go in at 11:00 am. But this time, I had already worked for 4 hours!

Oh, I like to dream, too. Last night I dreamed (is this the right word?) *** beginning of dream *** that I was back in my hometown (which is only 35 minutes from where I currently live). We gave someone's little brother a pack of Kool's we had found. He mentioned in a conversation that Kools were like currency at his high school. We had found an random pack months ago (in real life) and gave it to him (in my dream). Empowering moment for the young lad.

Then, I was visiting the fire hall in my hometown (which wasn't really my home town) to see what they were up to. My former best friends dad and brother were cleaning the floors. It was a huge mess, but you could tell these two guys were, like, reforming the place. They even went so far as to strip and refinish the wood floors of the fire house. I checked their progress as my dream progressed. *** End of dream ***

Lots to do!

Onward....

No comments: