Monday, April 16, 2007

Day 5 - I'd rather be sleeping

I find that since I have all of this pressure of getting out of bed immediately when my alarm goes off, that I am wake up around 3 and 4:00 am thinking about getting out of bed and what I'm going to do.

Before I go to bed at night, I think of some important (relatively) task that I want to complete. The first day I did this, I wanted to go through my weeks-old notes from work that I'd been neglecting. Today, it's laundry. Plus, I am committed to writing in this blog.

Although I'm actually amazed with my newfound ability to get out of bed when my alarm goes off, I feel a deep nostalgia for hitting that snooze button, it's as if I'm losing a part of my identity - the oversleeping - and am finding a new person that has been hidden - the-get-up-early-get-shit-done-girl.

Oversleeping has been something I've done for a loooooong time. I developed my excellent oversleeping abilities at a young age. Probably late-elementary school. My mother would try to wake me up, and I'd sleep right through her pleas: "Get up," "You're going to be late," "I'm leaving without you," "Get up!!!

In college, I'd sleep through my 9am art history class. When I did make it on time, my professor looked as if she had just rolled out of bed as well, so I think she was sympathetic. Although, truthfully, if I suspect sympathy, I'll take advantage of it.

Now that I'm almost 28 years old, I figure it's time to get the hell out of bed and get some shit done. Which is why I need to get back to my laundry, my tea, and starting my day! And it's 6:31 am right now - AMAZING!!

No comments: